Friday, February 12, 2016

Five Star Frou-Frou #36...Rosy Chocolate Bark and other little pleasures...



 Dear Friends, welcome to another Five Star Frou-Frou!

I'll be displaying features tomorrow, as I am up to my elbows in birthday cake batter and buttercream icing. 

Meanwhile, in between baking and frosting, I've made some Rose Petal and Gold Dusted Chocolate Bark for my daughter for Valentines Day. Isn't it pretty?

 Just melt some white chocolate buds, tint them softest pink by dipping a toothpick in pink food colouring and then into the melted chocolate and stir, and spread them on parchment (baking) paper, in an organic shape.

Sprinkle with edible dried rose petals (often available at specialty tea stores or cake decorating suppliers very inexpensively), and a couple of pinches of edible gold glitter. Press lightly into the melted chocolate so it all sticks.

Let it become solid and break into smaller shards. Package prettily.

See you tomorrow with features!


18 comments:

  1. Ooh your valentine inspired chocolate bark looks lovely Mimi...and the cake with its lashings of buttercream icing sounds intriguing :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chocolate bark looks ambrosial! I KNOW your daughter will LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bark looks delish! I have been indulging in white chocolate covered strawberries. Even though they're from the grocery as opposed to a specialty gift shop, I've decided I should make my own and save a bundle! Thank you for hosting us, Mimi. I hope you share your cake creations soon, too.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe looks really delicious!
    Thank you for stopping by #OMHGFF this week to share your blog, always enjoy meeting a new blogger.
    Have a great weekend! Happy Valentines!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mimi, your chocolate bark looks delicious.
    Happy Birthday to your daughter. What a nice delight these gold glittered bark will be.
    Thanks for hosting another great party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting! Enjoy the birthday baking and the Valentine celebrating! Yummy and pretty looking bark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the party, Mimi!! Have a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to catch up after a busy week but there are so many lovely things to look at! ;) Blessings, Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birthday wishes for DD they grow up fast

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for inviting me to join the party, Mimi. Happy Valentines weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the party Mimi. Hugs. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the invite Mimi, it's nice to be here.

    Your rosy bark sounds delicious! How decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mimi,
    Thank you for inviting me to join your linking party. If all goes as planned, I will join you next week. For now, I became your 200th follower on Google Friend Connect. Happy Valentine's Day from Texas.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mimi.
    That rosy chocolate bark look amazing and bet it tastes the same.
    What a lovely gift for your daughter ........
    Hope this find you doing well hon, and hope you have a really Sweet
    Valentines day.
    Blessings, Nellie
    Also thanks for hosting your frou frou party........

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am totally in awe of your baking skills.

    Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been seeing this chocolate bark on Pinterest and it is so pretty! I will have to try it! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely valentine's idea. My other half would love this (he loves everything white chocolate related). How nice.

    Sally @ Life Loving
    #LifeLovingLinkie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx