Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Gelati Bedroom for Easter....



Chocolate Bunnies are a bit passe` when you're sixteen years old, so my daughter has asked for new bedlinen instead. She needed new sheets anyway, so that got the nod from me.

I thought that since it's an Easter themed makeover, we'd go with pastel gelati colours, just like a basket of Easter Eggs or  Vintage Easter Card.





 Here's how her bed currently looks...




 She adores her chenille Candlewick bedspread, but a change is as good as a holiday as the saying goes.

So here's the result, strangely, echoing the colours she already had. She's nothing if not consistent!







Simple, pretty, feminine, and just like a basket of Easter eggs.

Perfect.

...Mimi...

11 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi

    A change is always as good as a holiday. The new bedding looks wonderful. I love the bunny it is just so cute.

    DD5 does not get a lot of chocolate for Easter as too much reacts with her. We purchased a melamine dinner set for her at Myers on a super special last week and she gets a Bilby to go with it and the Easter Bunny usually leaves her a book and a chocolate also.

    Aly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chenille spread is inviting but I can see why she loves the new look as well. And . . . peonies are to die for in looks and scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mimi I love that flower cushion! I also love to have fresh linen and a fresh setting. And to mark the change of seasons and the celebrations.
    Easter is lovely. Always the introduction to the cooler weather, warm things, comfort...
    Out come the knitting needles and rugs. I feeel quite insoired to get onto more things ready for Easter. I have Easter baskets planned and some cooking, so far. With lvoe Annabel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Easter for colorful things. And I love old postcards for warm feelings. It's pleasure for me to read your post with my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet friend, what a delightful and beautiful bedroom makeover! The new bedspread and pillows are divine and look perfect for Easter :)

    Your daughter is very blessed to have such a sweet and thoughtful mother. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What nice new bedding perfect for a girl! Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! What a lovely freshening up!
    Blessings, Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vintage Easter cards ... the gorgeous chenille spread ... the sweet bunny ... love it all!

    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the combination of colours. So fresh and spring like. What a lovely Easter present idea and a nice change.

    Sally @ Life Loving
    #LifeLovingLinkie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your eggs are so pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx