Monday, February 8, 2016

A big announcement! Gift making workshops!


Announcing my gift making workshops!

Do you live in Brisbane or the surrounds?

Would you like to come to a gathering of like minded friends and learn how to make my gorgeous Sugar Bowl Candles, hand stamped Baby Muslins, and Limoncello? 

I'm working on making this happen right now. Proposed dates would be April and May, mid week, initially, at a venue on Northside Brisbane.

The cost to you, which I will confirm later, will be in the vicinity of $45-$65, all inclusive of materials to create your gifts, which you will then take home, along with all the knowledge, experience, and expertise, to replicate them whenever you wish. I'll certainly lower that if I can, depending upon the cost of the venue hire. It's looking more like around the $50 mark at this stage.

You'll also learn how to package, label, and present your gifts to give them that 'high end homewares store' look. So gift wrap, ribbon and gift tags, created by you, to suit your personality, will be part of the process.

Sure you could sit at home, browse dozens of blogs, trawl through the same number of YouTube videos, order everything you need online, sit around for a couple of weeks until it all turns up on your doorstep, then dash back and forth between your kitchen counter and your hand held device and do it all yourself, including the cleaning up.

Or you could leave all that boring stuff to me, come and create and learn, and hang out with some lovely people, and get the same result.

Candles similar to the ones we will create, sell for between $35 and $120 depending on size and fragrance. 

Baby Muslins, all the rage with new Mums these days, sell in the designer baby stores for $75 for three.

Limoncello, a gorgeous lemon scented and intensely lemon flavoured liqueur, drank chilled and straight from the freezer, sells for up to $100 for a 300-600ml bottle, depending upon country of origin, and packaging.

So for a modest investment, you'll learn how to create luxurious gifts that have the potential to save you hundreds of dollars, and even to earn a bit if you want to get serious.

Due to the nature of the projects, the number of attendees will be strictly limited to 20 per workshop.

If this appeals to you, all I ask is that you register your interest by clicking on the Email Me icon to your right, and telling me that you're up for the challenge!

No money is necessary at this stage, and I will not hold you to your expression of interest. I just need to know who might be interested, so I can finalise a venue first up.

I can't wait to meet you all!

 photo signature_zps33fd9dfd.png

19 comments:

  1. That sounds great, Mimi. I hope you get a lot of responses but I am sure you will. Let me know if I can help spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chel. I'll let you know if I need help promoting it. You're a darling. Mimi xxx

      Delete
  2. Now if we could just get you to come to London, England. I would be extremely interested in your Workshops lol. Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie, I'm in London about once every two years, so never say never! Mimi xxx

      Delete
  3. If only I lived in QLD I would be there for sure. I am sure it will be great and everyone will have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gnashing of teeth here Colleen. I wish you lived closer too! Mimi xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Drat Barb! Well I have to START somewhere. Who knows where to from there? Mimi xxx

      Delete
  5. I'd be there in a heartbeat if I didn't live in the States!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I wouldn't mind a little trip to the U.S. ;-) Mimi xxx

      Delete
  6. Gift making is wonderful idea. It's so warm and touching. It will make people closer to each other for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie, you're right. What's not to love about creating something beautiful to gift to a loved one? Mimi xxx

      Delete
  7. I would definitely be interested, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add you to the list Diann. Awesome! Mimi xxx

      Delete
  8. Mimi, Darling, I am in for a workshop. It will be so much fun and I get to make something prettttyyy!! Xxx Put me on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO jealous Mimi & would be there in a heartbeat if I lived in Qld. What a scathingly brilliant idea to run workshops, maybe you could take them on the road or maybe even do a mail out, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like my kind of workshop.... Alas I live in NSW

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister and I would be very interested. Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mimi,
    sounds perfect - I live on the Northside of Brissie too. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx