Sunday, November 15, 2015

Why you, my love?

Paris with love
 
I've loved you since I was small.
 
Since I was old enough to read a book, sew a seam, watch a film, read a recipe, or wander an art gallery, you've captured my heart.
 
You are everything that is good, and cultured, and beautiful in the human race.
 
You value history and art and opera and ballet, seeking always to share that which is enlightened and lovely in the human existence.
 
We've spent time together, you and I.
 
I've had the privilege of observing you at close quarters and getting to know you as something more than a pretty face.
 
You tug at my heart strings with your grace and light, and memories of time spent with you, make me smile when I am low.
 
In my life, I strive to take all that is good in you, and share it with my family day to day.
 
You are more than a monument or a great city to me.
 
You embody the me I want to be.
 
Gracious, strong of heart and mind, intelligent, and mindful always of the history and culture surrounding you. Living in the moment, enjoying the beauty in each day, savouring the little pleasures in life often. You've taught me so much.
 
Why you, my love, Paris?
 
Why you?
 
We share your pain today. Our tears are many and our sorrows great.
 

5 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, Mimi! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Mimi,
    Yes it is a sad time for Paris indeed. Our hearts and prayers go out to those who have lost friends and loved ones in this tragic way. We too, have been to Paris altho it was 40 some odd
    years ago. It is a very special city indeed, I shall always fondly remember it. So sad to see these horrible events. What a world we live in these days! This was a nice tribute.
    Hope you are doing well hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tribute. Made me tear up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Mimi, you brought tears to my eyes with your tribute to Paris. Indeed, this is a very sad and heartbreaking time..... Wishing you much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi- (((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx