Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Each day is a little life...calm and spirituality

 
The French countryside is dotted with small towns and each one has a well loved church.
 
Many are hundreds of years old, and have floors so well worn that they ripple with age.
 
Spirituality remains an important part of life.
 
Spirituality is an important part of my life too.
 
It sustains me in times of trouble and spares me from anguish when my heart is heavy.
 
It's harder to visit the local church where I live. It's locked by day, and one must make a time with the caretaker, and even then, it's a tough persuasion.
 
How sad that fears of vandalism, have overtaken the joys of silent reflection.
 
For today, I'll seek calm in memories of the old church in Honfleur.
 
...Mimi...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx