Saturday, June 15, 2013

Each day is a little life....whirlygig busy-ness...

 
'Each day is a little life' ... Schopenhauer
 
Earlier this year, I started a series based upon Schopenhauers quote, which is a particular favourite of mine, and one by which I try to live my life.
 
Let's continue that theme....
 
I often wonder why people sigh when they say 'I've been busy', as if it's a badge of martyrdom to be worn with a pious face and a slump of the shoulders. Why is being 'busy' a bad thing, all of a sudden?
 
I LOVE being busy. I relish a full day, a full week, a full ... life.
 
What's the point of sitting around doing nothing, when you can be doing something?
 
Our life is as swirling and colourful as a spinning disco light.
 
We gleefully lurch from one happy event to the next and never really stop to think about being bored or tired. Sure, we have a day of sitting around doing 'nothing' from time to time. But a day is enough.
 
And even then, our 'nothing' means we're knitting or embroidering or baking or reading or spending time together playing with the dog or watching a favourite film.
 
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with doing nothing either. My question today is simply "Why hate being busy?".
 
As another poet once said 'Live while I'm alive, sleep when I'm dead'.... oh sorry...that was Jon Bon Jovi, wasn't it? Well, same-same. One generations' rock star is anothers' poet!
 
That's for me. Each day is a little life and I'll live while I'm alive and sleep when I'm dead, thanks.
 
 ...Mimi...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx