Friday, October 26, 2012

The embellished ballet slipper....

 
A pair of my darlings satin ballet slippers, embellished with a discarded pair of earrings, no longer worn...alas my days of after five wear are behind me...still shaped by her little toe, straining to point and dreaming of floating across the stage to Mozart...

 
....now hung on the corner of a portrait of a real ballerina, because she now has real ballerinas' pointe shoes...

 
But these will serve as a reminder, that all little ballerinas had to start somewhere...
 
 
...hung prettily on her wall, much as her brothers displayed their sports trophies...

 
...a delicate reminder of an era lost, and skills gained.
 
Even if you don't have a dancing daughter, ballet slipper can be had for very little. Try eBay or your nearest Dancers Shoppe.
 
The earrings? Well I was a bit of a glamour girl once and these were expensive...but I'm sure you have your own treasures with which to embellish your ballet slippers.
 
What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx