Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Soap making...success at last!


Here is my gorgeous looks-good-enough-to-eat home made Jasmine scented soap.

I tried soapmaking a couple of years ago but the family wouldn't use it and it was declared a waste of time.

It turns out I was just using the wrong combination of oils.

Armed with the recipe from Rhondas' Down to Earth Blog, I have achieved nirvana in soap making!

This soap is lightly scented with Jasmine oil and lathers into a creamy suds. It's gentle enough for my newborn grandaughter, and I am even washing my hair with it.

Best of all, The Musician Husband has finally declared his favourite Pears Soap 'old hat' compared to my new edition!

Find Rhondas recipe and instructions here:


And then if you want to get really clever, you can make the Goats Milk Soap from a friends blog...it's even more divine....


Here's the ones I made that I have now given away to family. I'll be setting up shop soon as now I can't keep up with requests for more!


Janine's instructions and photos make this otherwise daunting process an absolute breeze and I'm now addicted!

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for my two bars dear heart~!
    Love them :]

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I've always been nervous about trying cold process because of the lye but I'm also so tempted! You've almost got me convinced to have a go at it because your soap looks so nice.
    Blessings, Leigh

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx